FrontBrakeComments/Questions

Back on the front brake caliper issue.  Mine look good enough to
rebuild ...the pistons have good plating remaining.  I asked of the
Ford caliper for curiosity.  I have a standard suspension height, so
brake line length is not an issue.  Scout rebuilt calipers cost
$20.99 (must order/prepay), $10 core.  The kit cost $2.99
per side (rubber seal and gaiter only).  Ford F150 calipers cost
$12.99 (in stock/ ready and waiting).  I am told the brake lines
would need to be switched if I were to swap calipers and thus,
banjo bolt size.  Given that I have a good Scout caliper pair, I will
keep what I have.  I can see why one might want to go with the
Ford parts ...availability and price.

Question #1.  Was it you, JohnL, that stated the Ford are not as
large as the IH calipers.  I do not own a Ford but I am curious,
since I saw a Ford stamping on one of my caliper pistons!

Question #2.  The downfall of my calipers appear to be piston
pitting.  Can I clean up and/or make my pistons reuseable?  Sanding
and/or painting/plating?  At what cost?  Is any level of piston
pitting acceptable ...say, one tiny pimple?  I am told I cannot buy
these separately ...true?  Will aggressive regular bleeding reduce
pits?  I assume water causes it?

Question #3.  I plan on rebuilding my calipers with a rubber brake
grease liberally applied to all surfaces in the seal land and
internal gaiter area.  Any problems/tips?

Question #4.  I will reuse the inner grease seals and delete the
splash dishes ...will monitor use/weeping. Anyone BHDT?

Imagine ...this vehicle will again move under it's own power!
Mark