Safety Wire

Anyone tried welding a plate w/ these safety wire holes to the top of your
oil filter? Of course piston aircraft engines haven't changed much in many
years. Wonder if there are any IH fanatics at the Aviall counter who would
know what A/C filter fits IH engines...

Matt Palguta
  former avionics tech, still a pilot, real job in computers

John Stricker writes:
>Really wow the guys and get the aviation ones that are drilled
>for safety wire and safety wire them.  Make sure to point this touch out to

>them at every opportunity.
>
>Fourth, either buy your oil pump cover bolts drilled, or drill them
yourself
>and then safety-wire them.  You can also use locktite.  I used both.  Can
>you tell I've been hanging around airplanes too much?

       *  *             It's:           "SPLAT - MY CAT!"
     -//-//-_
   +>\        --__      Slower than a speeding Scout II.  Much slower.
   +>/       _------__  Mortally slower, one might say. Rest in Pieces.
     -\\-\\--
       *  *             Save the whales.  Collect the whole set.