Rebuild Questions

In the process of having my 152 rebuilt, have many questions, but these
are the two for the moment:

Is there any way to pressure test an oil pump outside of the engine?
The old one looks good (the engine had about 70K on it), but is there
any way to check it?  Would it be stupid not to get a new one?

Can the teeth on the flywheel be reversed?  There are a few teeth that
are worn down.  My mechanic has suggested that it might be possible to
heat the tooth ring and pop it off, then flip it and reinstall it on the
flywheel.  He said he's seen this done with a Chevy flywheel.  Anything
to this?  If not, are there any other options?

Thanks,

Chad Sibert
Jamestown, NC