Re: Joel's Tranny cable.

Joel wrote:
>   Yeah I adjusted the cable correctly according to the manual, and
     have been adjusting that way since I got the truck and manual 8 years
     ago.  The problem is that the cable is out of adjustment one way at
     the 1st gear setting, and out of adjustment THE OTHER way at the park
     setting.  Basically, I can't fully engage Park, NOR can I fully engage

     1st gear.  Neutral works, the others are progressively out of
     adjustment over the range of gears.

        Any ideas?<

Joel,

  What's this tranny in?  If it's a Scout, you could file the shifter stops
in the floor shifter for more "throw" in those gears.

Doug, BTDT