Re: Cummins in a Scout II

Dan:

There used to be a website of a guy in Oregon, that had a Cummins turbo
diesel in a Scout II and that, combined with an overdrive was returning in
excess of 30 MPG on the highway. He had also put a similar Cummins
non-turbo in another Scout and one in a one ton Ford van.

He had a comparison on his website of the Cummins direct injection engine
he was using (not the same IL6 that Dodge was using, but similar) and the
Chevy 6.5 turbo diesel and the IH 7.3 that Ford was using. His was more
"torquey", more powerfull and provided better fuel mileage.

He was offering to do the same for anyone for about $6,000 (I beleive -
could be wrong).

But, I believe his URL is no longer valid and I haven't heard hide nor hair
of him in over a year.

I think he had an Asian surname if you care to try and search for him.

Tom H.