Re: Front end noise

>It snowed here in Montana the other day and I put my truck in 4 wheel
Not in Helena..  not 'nuff for 4wd anyhow... I sure hope there's snow when
we go on our Christmas Tree run this weekend!

>about 15-20 mph the howling started and got louder the faster I went, I get no
>noise in 2 wheel though...any thoughts or comments, it all works fine, its

Getting a vibration, too, Brian?

When the U-joints on my '72 were all but shot, putting it into 4wd caused
bad vibrations from the shot front 'joints... and a loud rumble.

When the U-joints on the rear of my '77 went, it started as a bad rumble..
which then turned to shaking and bouncing on take off... which then stopped
when I changed the rear driveshaft out with my spare w/ new U-joints (which
I then pretzeled in Missoula a few months ago)

-Tom