Broken bolt

>Dumb question: Should I attempt this with my small MIG welder, or am I going
>to need an excessive amount of heat for the weld?  I could increase the wire
>stickout to get down into the weld area if I used a nut over the end of the
>broken bolt / extractor.
>
>Thanks for the suggestion,
>
>John L.

John,
My son who has seen me do this with my conventional welder many times,
told me last night that your job would be a piece of cake with a MIG or
TIG. Crank up the heat and go to it. With the engine out so you can see,
I think it'll be easy. Yes use the nut to protect the cast iron surface
and give you something to crank on after the welding.
John H