Re: John L's stubborness

When the truth serum kicked in, "Allan Weidenheimer"
<allanw@domain.elided> blurted out...

>Well, an acetylene torch is about 6,000 degrees.  Trust me, I can make
>that extractor cherry red.  If you feel like hauling it to Kingston Wa, we
>can get it out in my garage.

Give me the directions from Olympia and tell me which weekend!  <grin>

>What, you scored a spare power steering pump too?  I stand, er, sit
>in awe of the master!

Hey... it was attached to the motor.  My policy is that if I by a motor,
anything attached to that motor goes with it (unless of course the wrecking
yard objects and stops me at the door)!

>Have you ever been to any of those yards down by Chehalis?

I've hit most of the wrecking yards at one time or another in and around
Olympia and all the way down to Torgerson's 4x4 wrecking yard in Napavine.
I've found the important key to getting a good deal is to find the clueless
wrecking yards who don't know what they have or what it's worth.  Torgerson's
deals with 4x4's all day long, and they now *exactly* how much they can get
away with charging... and they do it!  Not to mention everyone heads there for
4x4 stuff and they're usually pretty picked over.

>I've been wanting to take a tour of those...and some
>of those pik-n-pull yards down in the Portland area.  I have a map
>I picked up at the Portland swap meet.

That would make a fun weekend.  Would satisfy two basic but very important
male urges at the same time... playing with mechanical things and hunting.

Take care,

John
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com       |
Conservative Libertarian         | "There's nothing patriotic about
Life Member of the NRA           |  hating your government or pretending
WA Arms Collectors               |  you can hate your government but
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.    |  love your country."
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/  |                      - William Clinton