Shackle Reversal Results

I owe someone on the list a test drive report on my shackle reversal.
Unfortunately I lost his e-mail so here goes:  It's grrrreattt!!

The ride is much smoother even with the Triangle 4" springs.  It
tracks much better too.  I can even let go of the steering on the
freeway without taking out a few Honda Civics and the occasional Yugo
(no great loss in that case).  To my benefit, I don't risk that
run-down feeling you get when you drift over into the 18 wheeler's
lane.

The only downside:  (and it may have to do with installing the frame
shackle bushings too low) is that I picked up almost an inch of lift
up front.  (I used the Scout Madness kit which is identical to the
Binder Bunch setup) Now I have to figure out how to get that out.  I
tried removing a leaf from the spring pack to no avail.  Perhaps I
will have the springs re-arched to 3".  I thought about raising the
rear, but 5" of lift is too much for me.  I just run BFG 32-11.5-15
ATs.

BTW - my Scout is back to stock with a 304 and T-19.  Now to get the
4.10s installed.  Oh yea!

Ralph
1977 Scout II and one rusted hulk of a 1980 parts donor.