RE: The Mechanics Worst Nightmare!

Been there, done that.
John,
I have had luck with drilling the bolt stud out.  what I try to do is to get
a drill bit slightly smaller than the inside of the threaded area.  Drill it
out, and then run a tap down through the hole.  I have had luck with the tap
cutting out the left over threaded material.  Side note, those bolt
extractors can be drilled though, it's not fun or easy, but can be done.  I
don't even use those bolt extractors any more, I have never had one work,
and have broken more than I can count.  Now that I think of it, Eastwood Co.
has reversed threaded drill bits that they claim work on these things, maybe
something to check out.
I wish you luck

Epp
The Scout Ranch