IH in recent advertising

I forgot to mention, I saw one of Navistar's "International" stressing ads
that Howard said were coming, during last Sunday's Steeler game.

I made my wife run in and watch it.  I said "wow, when's the last time you
saw an International ad on TV!!!"

She said: "Uh, I've never seen an International ad on TV"

Come to think of it, neither had I-- I have a vague memory of a really big
dump truck barrelling across the screen to announce the formation of
Navistar, but that's it.  Had no idea at the time what the h&ll it was
supposed to be about-- like those ads you see that are obviously targeted at
like big-time stock pickers, not Joe Blows like us.

On the down side, I feel like writing a nasty letter to Case-IH.  While Xmas
shopping, I saw an ERTL box in the truck, not tractor, section, with IH
logos plastered all over it.  I like trampled a few people who stupidly did
not realize what treasure was within their grasp.  With almost uncontainable
excitement, I snatched up the box, whirled it around....

And saw a 40 Ford pickup with the big white IH block on the door.  Complete
and total sacriledge <sp?>.  By the detailing, it was apparently supposed to
represent a shop truck  used by an IH ag dealer.  As if.

BUT WAIT!! Behind it was a semi trailer loaded with the same IH (Tractorman
on a white rectangle) decaling and also lettered with "Providing farm
implements since 1837" or something like that.

It, naturally, was being pulled by a '48 Kenworth.  Case-IH is apparently
completely without shame.

Now I'm going to have to become a farmer so I can boycott their products.