Solenoid problems - It wasn't

Thanks to all of you who pointed me to te fact that my problems were
more starter than solenoid related. I pulled the starter yesterday and
put in the older spare I had. What a difference ! Now I need to get
another spare (that I will keep in the truck). I'm going to do the
remote solenoid anyway so I wont be caught in the summer again, but are
there any "better" starters to go to if I go into the parts store or
are we stuck with  just the design we have stock ?