Re: Dan's rub

>I was talking of the front fender LIP. Not
>necessarily the inside of the wheel well or
>fender.. but the very edge. For me, this
>was both at the very front of the wheel
>well (behind the turn signal) and on the
>side in the same general area.
My tire is rubbin this lip from about the turn signaldown to the bottom
of the fender.
>Mine hasn't rubbed this badly up front. Do
>you have the anti-sway bar installed?
>Wondering if you're getting so much flex
>because the sway bar's off.. I'll have to
>play more with mine removed..
Yes, I have no sway bar. I have lots of flex in my front suspention. If
we had broke out the video camera we could have goten some documetaion
of this rub. Next week we will have pictures of this.
>You'll need to either notch it like I did and
>fold it over.. or just WHACK IT ALL with
>your chop-saw. :-) I'm going to clearance
>mine more.. the ripped spring mount
>helped remove most of the driver's side..
>so I might as well make the passenger
>side look the same, right?
Yeah, I probably will have to do that. I think I'll just remove the
whole lower portion of the fender in a line from like the bumper back.
>I'm not understanding this, Dan.. I run
>33x12.50s.. which are wider than your
>31x10.50s. :-) Granted, back spacing and
>rim width has something to do with it,
>but..
>I think we're talking about the same
>thing... apparently you're rubbing more on
>the very front than I did.. my 33s tucked
>inside without laying too hard into the
>front edge of the front wheel well/fender.
My tires didn't tuck into the fender well at all. When they compressed
they stopped when I hit the fender lip.
>This allowed it to tuck enough that, when
>turning and compressed, I could slice the
>side of the tire on the bottom of the "L" of
>the outer fender on the *side* (but still
>towards the front)
   I'll take the cut off wheel to the fender tommorrow and we'll see
what that does next week when Joe and I go to Paragon.

Dan Nees
cookiedan@domain.elided
The
"Good" 1979 Scout II  345/auto