Re: HELP!!! (Part 2)

In a message dated 11/28/98 11:45:28 PM Central Standard Time,
renarac@domain.elided writes:

> You said it is rock steady at 5deg. Does the timing mark move as you rev the
>  motor?

Yes, I checked that but I don't that would cause this problem.

>  You could have knocked a vacuum line off.

It only has two and there connected.

>  How about not using that handy little rubber piece in your plug wrench?

I don't use that.

>  The ballast resistor sits right on the coil bracket in its stock location.
>  That's the ceramic rectangular thing near the coil.

It's fine it's on the fire wall where I put it.  But I don't think that would
cause this problem.

>  Or possibly your coil went tits up at an inoportune moment.

Doubt it it's new

Thanks any how :)

Steve Tucker
WEB Page:http://members.aol.com/ksoffroadr/index.html

Scout's owned:

74 Scout II (258) (metal half cab) sold...whoops
65 Scout (152) (parts) sold
61 Scout (152) sold...whoops
73 Scout II (345) sold
75 Scout II Traveler (345) sold
76 Scout II Traveler (345) sold
74 scout II (258) "the beast" sold
77 SS II (345) (featured in Feb. 98 4X4 Power magazine) (White one)
PS: I didn't thrash in frt. wheel drive...I fixed it right after I broke it.

76 Scout II (304) Scrap
73 Scout II (304) (metal half cab) (Soon to be my STS II)