Aux fuel tank

Hi Digesters,

We got the selector valve replaced and the 11 gal aux fuel tank (passenger
side) cleaned up on our Scout 80. At first, the engine would starve out when
the selector was switched to the aux tank. After priming the line (siphoning
fuel from the line and reconnecting to the valve), the engine will run but
starve under acceleration. Like it's getting gas but not enough. Don't have
this problem with the main (driver's side) tank.
Anyone got any suggestions?

Roy and Andrew Ireland
Tucson, AZ (85 degrees on T-day!)
'65 Scout 80