Re: smog tirades was plug wires

Tom H. wrote-
>The same jerks that are sure we need to remove all "old" >vehicles from the
>streets because they are "gross polluters" never take into >consideration
>how much pollution is caused by building a new, replacement >vehicle.

One of my common ponderances, all the machines used in the harvest of raw
materials, transport of materials, parts, products, energy used in
manufacturing processes.  How many years of driving a lower emissions vehicle
does it take to balance all that out?  I think that it has more to do with a
system that requires an ever expanding economy, rather than a self-sustaining
system.
Dennis Millward