Re: Rad Repair

>   That radiator leak is systematic of Scout's and fourwheeling. You
>can't avoid it. I've always wanted to add a rod and turnbuckle across
>the fenders to take the strain off the radiator mounts, haven't done it
>yet though.
>Dan Nees

Hmm.. this is the first I've heard of it, actually!

So.. the leak is because of the left and right fenders flexing independent
of each other, "pinching" the radiator at times?

Has anyone else fabricated a brace to go across the top of the radiator
mount yet?

I wonder if a big U-shaped piece of steel could be fabbed to use the stock
radiator mounting bolts (2 on each side), go over the top of the radiator
(just a bit, there *is* a hood there).  Heck, you could go UNDER it, too...
for added strength.. much like the Strate-Steer.

Hmm... four piece of angle stock would do it... I'd hate to replace my
radiator with my spare only to do this again..

FWIW, I'm also planning on using angle stock across the bed on the racer for
sure (driver maybe) from hardtop bolt hole on one side ot hardtop bolt hole
on the other, in an effort to keep the quarters from flexing right off when
I land from a jump... particularly important since the tailgate on the racer
is in good enough shape that I shouldn't demolish it racing. :-)

-Tom