Re: MidnightStar in FourWheeler

On Mon, 23 Nov 1998 20:40:05 -0700 (MST) Tom Mandera <tsm1@domain.elided>
writes:
>Just got my January '99 FourWheeler..
>
>Page 134, in the "Rare Rigs" section is Tom Drake's '79 MidnightStar.
>
>Mark Drake states the MidnightStar was a "Good Times" van conversion
>company out of MIdland, TX's product.. I thought the whole -Star series
>rigs were Custom Vehicle products.. or was Good Times a part of CVI?
>Glancy's TrailStar and the TerraStar and others I saw at Nats were
>certainly CVI issue..

I think Good Times and CVI were both owned/operated by the same guy, Mr
Russell, who is also the guy that proposed buying the Scout and keeping
it in production after IH announced the end.  I think Good Times was
there first and CVI was formed to set up the conversion operation in Fort
Wayne for 1980.  I've never seen this documented, but that's how I
thought it all fit together.

Howard Pletcher
Howteron Products Scout Parts

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]