Re: Spring Mount Welding

>Thanks Tom, I was hoping I wouldn't have to unbolt the spring from the
>bracket.  From what I can tell the bracket is still attached to the frame,
>spring and go from there.  Maybe if I can't jack it into place the welder
>can heat it enough with a torch to hammer it back close enough in order

You might be able to... mine was mangled bad 'nuff and it wasn't such a big
deal to pull the spring bolts, that it was easiest that way.  FWIW, the
*rear* spring bolts are *easy* to get out... it's the front (shackle) side
that's a PITA.

You might get away with a chain around the ripping mount and use a
come-along to pull it rearward enough to get it into place... but, IMO,
it'll make welding difficult, and I don't know that you'll be able to
for-sure get the mount squared with the other side's mount.

>Looks like it will be about 75 degrees here on Thanksgiving day!  Only in
>Texas (or maybe Florida), Enjoy that cool weather up there!

It's finally gotten a little cold.. 20-40 degrees.. which means I might be
hunting on Thanksgiving because there just MIGHT be some Deer n' Elk roaming
around... harvest overall has been WAY down this year.

First Mount:
http://walnut.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout/jpg/trail_rides/deerlodge_8_15_98/ripped
_mount.jpg

Temp Repair: