Re: GOOD

Tom Harais wrote:

> Dan, Michael:
>
> I put Hoffsteter's Tquad on the 440 on my motorhome this weekend, and it
> did the same thing.
>
> First, after working out all the bugs, I got the thing running and tuned
> the idle out nice and smooth at 700 RPM. I even let the engine cool down
> and adjusted the fast idle speed with the choke on.
>
> But, I found the next day, that I can get it to start and run, but it will
> die after a minute or so, and be quite hard to restart, unless I pour some
> fuel in the intake. AND, I have an electric fuel pump and already tried
> turning that on to be sure that the carb was getting fuel.
>
> I have noticed an inconsistency in the idle speed due, I beleive, to the
> throttle return springs not being strong enough to shut the throttle plates
> all the way to the stop every time. So, I am going to get a stronger
> spring.
>
> Hmmmm.....
>
> Tom H.

Tom, Dan, et. al:

So are we saying that this could be some kind of problem with the T-Quad
that has been sitting for a while?  Do you think I should try the
electric fuel pump, as it is cheaper than a carb?  What else should I
try?  What kind of intake manifold does the T-Quad sit on?  What are
alternative carbs?

Now I'm getting worried if my mechanic hero/idol Tom has a similar
problem that he has not figured yet!  I usually expect a proper and
simple answer from you!!!

Michael