Chevy TBI brainstorming

Would it be possible to adapt the TBI system from say a 5.7L Chevy V8 to a
Scout 4bbl manifold?  I'm in the middle of a rebuild, and just got to
thinking.

The PainlessWiring catalog (and Jeg's etc.) lists a wiring harness for
same.  You can get the speed and O2 sensors.  The computers and chips are
all available at auto parts stores.  The big item would be finding a TBI
unit somewhere.  Junk yard, or buy a rebuild, I guess.

I wonder if this would be cheaper than going Holley Pro-Jection.  Or if it
would work at all.  The parts would certainly be findable...any Chevy
dealer in a pinch, or probably NAPA.

Anyone care to comment?

Roger Scow
'78/'79 Traveler "It's Broke"