Re: Good again

On Sat, 21 Nov 1998 18:07:38 -0500 (EST) cookiedan@domain.elided (Daniel
Nees) writes:
>Binders,
>   Good has a label inside the drivers door that says that it was
>manuafactured by Southern California RV Products Burbank, CA and that it
>contains a 35 gallon fuel tank and that it meets Cal fuel evaporative
>standards. with the date of 1-80 stamped on it (could be 7-80). Now the
>VIN plate says that the truck was manufactured in 9-7-78. I also suspect
>that this truck was originally a Rally Scout from the vague print on the
>Line Set Ticket.
>   Could my Scout have been shipped to this RV place in 78 and held
>there till 80 and be customised, then sold or whatever? Or is it more
>likely that the purchaser in 79 took the truck to the RV place and had
>some conversion work done.

Unless you can see signs that it was a complete conversion like a Midas
was, I'd vote that probably in 1980 the owner had the bigger tank
installed and they had to put the plate on to certify the new tank meets
the CA standards.

Howard Pletcher
Howteron Products Scout Parts

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]