In the pink

>Subject: White, Clear, Silver....
>
>If "in the white" means "metal in the raw", why did they pick
>"white" instead of "silver" or "clear"....
>Mark

Like someone else, I only know about guns in the "white", and I have no
idea why the word white came into use. How about bare?

You know if you non-anglo and were about to consummate a relationship
with a person of the same color, and if she were without clothes, saying
to her that she was now in the "white" could be a serious matter.

John

John Hofstetter  "Ol'Saline's Web Site" www.goldrush.com/~hofs
"Perhaps more to remember than ever really happened"
Life Member, National Rifle Ass.     California Rifle and Pistol Ass.
Member, Sierra Macintosh Users Group and MacTwain Macintosh Users Group
Charter Member, FRIENDS OF DEATH VALLEY   Member, Blue Ribbon Coalition
Life Member, Association of California School Administrators
Owner of 79 Scout Terra "It's a legend"