Re: 392 for 345

Thanks for the replies to my question about swapping a 392
into a 345 Scout II.  Am I correct to assume that it can't
be done and retain the EGR valve?  How about just putting
the EGR on for show?  So far the smog police here in Utah
don't perform a visual, but you never know when they'll
start.  Would I have to obtain a manifold from a 79-80 Scout
345 to get the EGR mounts?  Wouldn't the EGR then work with
the 345 heads?  The EGR might also help with the detonation
problems that might ensue with 9.5 compression.  I ain't
gonna buy no premium.

Doug
'78 Scout
'78 Traveler