Re: gas tank got nuked....

>Well folks my son ( did i mention he's 16? ) managed to nuke the gas
>tank going over a rock...
>
>its toast. big dent... now where is the best place to get a new gas
>tank? ( larger  than stock maybe) and a skid plate for same so this
>won't happen again...
>
>thanks for any help
>
>John Dodd   jdodd@domain.elided

John,

I bought a used 33 gallon tank from Anything Scout (Mountain View, CA
650/968-4765) for $150. I was very pleased with it...no dents, and very
little corrosion. I've seen a few 33 gallon tanks with the bottoms crushed
in so I'll be fabricating a skid plate. Probably with 1/8 steel attached to
the frame rails.

Darrel Kline