Re: MIG?

In a brilliant stroke of genius, tsm1@domain.elided (Tom Mandera) blurted out:

>>Not if you buy one of the cheapie MIG systems that has a fixed flow
>>pressure regulator... like I have.  I haven't found this to be a problem
>>yet, but I just wanted to point out this is a feature that must be
>>considered.
>
>John,
>
>Can you simply upgrade to an adjustable regulator?  Or would that require a
>new gun n' everything?... but it *is* possible, right?

Yes... if I wanted to, all I'd need to do is buy a new adjustable regulator
to attach to the C25 tank.  The supplier of my MIG system (Sears Craftsman
made by Century) saved cost by including a fixed flow and pressure
regulator.  Such a regulator is perfect for 95% of home / hobby
applications, but I suppose would be unthinkable for production or
industrial use.  The gas supplier where I brought my bottle to be filled
said the regulator was a good quality brand and very common (I brought it
in with me to make sure they supplied the correct bottle valve).  They even
had a pile of a similar regulator for sale on their shelf.

Regards,

John
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com    |
Conservative Libertarian      |
Life Member of the NRA        |        All the GOOD things in life
WA Arms Collectors            |              are DANGEROUS!
Commercial Helicopter - Inst. |
www.halcyon.com/jlandry/      |