MIG?

I have got my mind set on a MIG welder but I am a little confused about
options and power.
I need a unit that I can work outside with and have read that a flux
core MIG is the best for outside work but not as good as a gas shield
for ease of use and quality of weld. Any input or a pointer toward a FAQ
would be great.
Most of the work I envision for now will be body and perhaps roll cage
(once I hit my stride) type welding.
I have done stick welding and would rather use something that was more
forgiving.

Willy