Re: SOs, was Re: RegardingTomM

On Tue, 10 Nov 1998, Robert N. Deruy wrote:

> The 4" lift is for her Scout as I drive a j**p (already has a 4" lift).
> BTW, that thing really sits up there with 4" lift. Are you sure I can't
> squeeze 35s (Goodyear Wrangler MTs, the shortest 35s known to man) under
> there?

Sure, Bob.. if you want to lower the bump stops and have zero uptravel. ;)

I took a tape measure to my wheel well before I bought my 33s.. and the
stock Scout II rear wheel well (not the lip, the well) is not wide enough
to accomodate a 33" tire stuffed up inside.. let alone a 35!

I'm probably not going to get my body lift done this winter.. so instead,
I"m going to pick up some 3"x3" box tubing soon and notch it
appropriately to make a lowered bump stop bracket to keep my 33s out of
the rear wheel wells.. hafta rely on the Tracklok to keep the tires going
in back, and the Lockright up front.. becuase articulation *will* suffer..

-Tom