drive shaft length,..........was stupid stuff

Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 19:47:41 -0500
From: Doug Rasmussen <76075.2276@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: drive shaft length,..........was stupid stuff

CookieDan wrote:
>   The 727 moves the T/case back about 4". I can't really see this
making that big a deal. I guess I'll have to take my magnetic compass
with us when we go wheeling on the 28th and see what angle Joe's and my
driveshaft are at.<

Dan,

  I seem to recall the length difference between a manual tranny setup an=
727 is more like 1".  And I don't remember which is longer.  Anyway, it
wasn't enough difference to matter.

Doug, who didn't change driveline length when switching from T19 to 727.

     Dan,
     I just worked on the front shafts of 2 scouts in the last few months.
     Both types, auto and manual trans. The difference I noticed was more
     in line with Dougs experience. 1/2" to 1" max difference in shaft length.
     later,
     Tony