Re: T-98 Tranny

On Tue, 10 Nov 1998 BeeX4@domain.elided wrote:

> AW Garsh!  What an amazing wealth of information.  Of course you are exactly
> right, IMHO the divorced setup is great, IF I ever blow the motor, in goes a
> chevy 350, with almost any tranny, as long as its out of a two wheel drive.

Here's another thought, Brian..

Get a Travelette (for the long wheelbase).. maybe a 392 and 727 setup up
front, with the divorced NP205 in back.. now buy a Gear Vendors OD unit..
bolt it up to the 727, and rig it in the "auto shift" mode or "split
shift".. shorten the intermediate driveshaft to the '205.. and you now
have a 6spd automatic behind your 392.. plus 4wd.. and it's still an
overall OverDrive, too.

Hmmm.. I doubt they make the GearVendor OD to mate to the back of an
Allison 4spd auto... bummer.. get a 4spd from a school bus, put *that*
behind the 392, with the GV OD, and you have an 8spd automatic..

Stop Tom, back to work!

-Tom