Re: Uh-Oh

On Mon, 9 Nov 1998, Allan Weidenheimer wrote:

> Uh-Oh, I can see the ear to ear grin in my head...Tom, that stuff will
> distract you from the Scouts...

*nod*  yep. :-)

> >I looked at a '74 3/4T 4x4 pickup.  I can't say if it was a short on
> >It was in better shape than I expected.. for the sum price of $400!
>
> Do you post this just to make me jealous? Big grins _AND_
> a cheap 3/4 4x4!!!

*smile*  Just to torment you, Allan!

So... are you saying I should nab this truck ASAP? :-)  I'm just warey of
buying another frame-off project.. and I don't have any extra pickups to
examine or pick apart (yet).. *really* wantin' a Travelette still..

I know the truck is worth $400 no matter *what* I do with it.  The axles
and motor are worth that much to me for my racer.

But I'd like to have a FS pickup, too.. we have a Christmas Tree run
coming up (tho' this truck needs tires, and a title, and other work..
*sigh*).

If I can confirm the truck could *safely* be driven for a while without a
mass influx of capital, blood, sweat, and tears, I'd snap it up.

OTOH, I can find better ways to blow $400 at the moment, too..

Where are the problem areas I should look at?  What can I expect to be
shot?  Has anyone bought the rotors for a '74 3/4T lately?.. etc.

I still have a glasspack and some exhaust tubing around.. so I can give
it an exhaust. ;)

Heck, I'd like to have a stock 4x4 pickup just for a daily driver in the
winter.. I think, unless the snow's a few feet deep, a stocker 4x4 would
get around better in town than my Scout has been... (ahh, the joys of
limited slips n' lockers... combined with mudders!)

-Tom (still grinnin')