Yippe then I will swap the T-19 in the 800

RE:

If it's the 4 speed  transmission that IH installed, it's a T-18.  The
T-98 was used in the Light Line, but not the Scout.  Perhaps "some
people" are confusing the T-98 with the T-90 3 speed that was used in the
800.

Howard Pletcher
Howteron Products Scout Parts

REPLY:
Yippe Thanks Howard. This confirms that I will plan on swapping the T-18
for my T-19 closed in my 67 Scout 800. One problem I have is the T-19 is
out of a pickup and had the divorced bearing retainer cover on the back. I
removed this and there is only two of the 5 holes to bolt on the Dand
20/300 adapter plate.

Have you seen this occur before?

I guess I will need to drill and tap the hole for the other 3 bolts or weld
the adapter plate on. If I do that then I would not be able to get to the
bearing unless I cut the welds off. How offen do these bearings go out? I
would like to just weld it on so I dont have to flush the trannie of the
metal shavings from drilling the holes.

John Fleck
Back Country Binders
1979 Travler 345/2 bbl F.I. auto/Dana-20
1978 Scout 2 345/2 bbl w/26,318 original miles ***4-SALE***
1967 Scout 800 196/T-18 soon to be T-19
1974 Postal Scout mint body, need motor work  ***4-SALE***
1977 Travler parts rig
1974 Scout 2 Parts rig, may be frame for 800 body conversion
1965 Scout 800 Custom, 289 ford/stick, leather seats, foldable bench
     "Coming Home"
1974 1310 P/U dullie 345/4bbl,flatbed welding truck(can haul Scout on flatbed)