Re: Lifting my SII

On Mon, 9 Nov 1998, CDesPlanques wrote:

> measuring...Those of you who have lifted your 100" scouts, what kind of
> u-joint angles are you running?  From my calculations (using
> sine,cosine,tangent etc.) It looks like the joints will be running at 18
> degrees with a 4-inch lift (15 with a 2.5").  Are these calcs off the
> wall or do you guys with 4-inch lifts replace your u-joints alot? (I

Front or rear angles?

I bet the front is as severe as you claim, or roughly.. remember that the
4" lifts do NOT net 4" of lift.. more like 3" of static lift up front,
and about the same to 4" in the rear.

As I said earlier today, my front U-joints bind a little now and then
when wheelin'... only noticed because of the wear marks on the yokes.

Rear is just fine.

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
'77 Scout II w/ 4" Skyjacker lift, +2" rear shackles, 4 new U-joints. ;-)