Slipping tranny revealed!

     Well binders, I'm about 8 digest behind again.  Anyway, last friday I
     dropped the tranny pan, and found that a neat coagulation (sp.?) of
     dirt was around the filter, thus inhibiting fluid draw.  New
     gasket/filter/sealant/fluid, and ready to go.  Seems to work fine.
     The tranny dipstick top lets water in, and the silty water had enough
     to gunk my tranny filter.

     The dipstick plug for a 96 s10 pickup has a snap covered plug that
     expands to seal the pipe.  The stick part is too long, but is riveted
     to the cap with a 2 inch steel tang.  Solution: get the Chevy dipstick
     for the tranny, drill out the rivets.  Cut IH dipstick to certain
     length to match depth, and weld to tang from chevy cap.  Sealed tranny
     dipstick for IH, voila.  I plan to do this next week, on all of my
     trucks.  Good luck all.  the chevy dipstick is super flimsy metal, the
     IH stick is about 5 times as rigid.

        -Joel

     PS It drives great now.  lets see what else goes wrong!