Re: U-haul tow bars/Scout number 3

On Sun, 08 Nov 1998 19:39:52 -0600 Scott Machalk <smachalk@domain.elided>
writes:
>I have another parts truck waiting in the wings but it isn't running.
>
>Has anyone ever used a U-haul tow bar to tow a Scout with a stock
>bumper?
>
>Any comments on your experience would be welcome.
>
>I need to tow it about 30 miles on back roads.

I've had experience flat towing a scout we used to race, but we used a
towbar that had brackets made to bolt on with the bumper bolts.  I've got
my doubts that a clamp-on can be tightened well enough on that small
bumper and Dan's comments seem to bear this out.

Know someone with a trailer?

Howard Pletcher
Howteron Products Scout Parts

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]