Scout work.. Timing

Tom M. writes:

>Re-adjusted the timing.  Does the timing mark on the balancer stand still
>for anyone else when they put a timing light on it?  Is it my light or my
>eyes?  It's not that the mark *wanders*.. just it doesn't seem to stick
>out like I think it should... when the light flashes, it's not making the
>mark seem like it's sitting still.. makes it hard to figure out *where*
>it is.

Tom,

I just checked the timing on my 345 and had the same problem until I
braced the light(my hand) against the front sheetmetal next to the
radiator.  I also made sure the light was aimed directly at the marks and
not off center.  Both adjustments seemed to help and the timing mark held
steady for me after that.  I also dabbed "White-out" on the timing marks to
help them stand out better.  This really made them easy to see.

HTH,
Jim G.
1979 Scout2