TQ Carb Question

I just finished taking apart my '78 Scout TQ carb and found the reason the
last owner could not keep it running. The welch plugs on the bottom of the
fuel bowl fell off (yes both of them). OTOH This will make it easier to
reepoxy the plugs than having to file it down like the last one I did:-)
Here is my question on the throttle shaft how much play is OK? I can set up a
dial indicator to measure it if I need to.

Thank You
Tom