Valve train noises

What I did today.  I took the rocker shaft off and apart.  it's straight,
 When I put the rockers back on I exchanged a couple rockers from where I
felt the noise originated to the opposite end to see if the noise would
move.  It didn't
 I took ahold of the fuel pump to see if I could feel the noise, I did
feel it.
 I loosened the bolts on the fuel pump but the noise didn't change.
Could the noise originate from a cam bearing going prematurely bad.

Rik DesJardin
RikOFWA@domain.elided

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]