Re: Re: Xfer Case Jumping Out of 4L

John L wrote:
>No... I think it would have been disaster trying to use such a torch in my
truck.  I could possibly see heating and bending a shift lever at a thinner
point, well above the transmission hump (inside the truck) if you also had
a more or less stripped interior (no floor covering, etc.).  I painted the
lever with Hammerite last night and will try the fit after work today.<

Doug,

  Ok, I get it now.  You're bending to clear hump interference.  My bend
was maybe half way up the lever to clear the dash.

  Your problem is 4L? I know of a Traveler that developed 4H interference
after the top was removed to make it into a Terra.  Either the body or the
engine/tranny must move around on these rigs.

Doug