Springs on my 800

For some reason, I don't remember why, oh, yeah, I was tightening the
exahust up at the manifold, I was under the Scout the other night and
noticed a difference in the spring packs between the front and rear.  The
rear pack had something along the lines of 5 leaves, and the front had 7
or 8.  Does anyone know why?  Is this stock?  Or is there a possibility
that my Scout had a snowplow on it at one time?  I doubt that, but what
does everyone think?  It is a '66 800, w/ a 152 3 spd, if it matters.  I
haven't checked my '64 80 yet to see if it is the same way.  I don't know
whether it is a Dana 27 or 30 axle underneath the front end, but I am
assuming that it is a Dana 44 rear.  I need to get a line setting
ticket....

Dan Felix
1966 Scout 800 - "Sweet Machine" no more