brake leak down......

<-- start of snip

I was playing with Ugly today and fixed a problem that has been
plagueing me for a while. If you will recall last month I was
complaining of 'leak down' on my brake system.
end of snip -- >

Dan.
take a look on the vacuum reservoir, there is a vacuum check valve on
the front of it...with a hose going to it. this thing cost about 2 $ and
has a nasty habit of failing. when it does you get good brakes most of
the time and a quick droping of the peddle at just the wrong
time.....this thing cost me 1300.00 in repairs to another car my son hit
while backing out... ( the scout got a small dent the other car 1300$,
says something for how well our scouts are built doesn't it) .... any
way these gadgets get dirty and hang open letting all your vacum out.
You aught to pick up one of those hand vacuum pumps at walmart ... they
are great for bleading brakes and testing things like this...

John Dodd