steering columns

I was at a local boneyard today doing some window shopping and I saw a
'71/'72 scout 800 w/232.  The steering box is on the outside of the frame.
I have a '66 800 with a 4 cyl. The question is, can I simply swap the
steering wheel and column from the 800B to my 800.  My steering gear is on
the inside of the frame and is totally enclosed in a tube.  Both have the
bucket connector at the end.  I would like the newer column since it has a
rag joint to absorb vibrations.  Would this be a simple swap?  Both have
similar turn signals and hazard switches.

Thanks in advance
Jon

http://web.paradox.net/homepages/jwangelin/index.html