also aligns in position where the terminals are on your distributor cap.
Basically find which magnets would align with say your #1 cylinder terminal
then keep that magnet and every other one after that.  They are a little
tricky to keep in the designated slots because they have a tendency to
attract each other.  After that just follow the install instructions
included.  Order part #1481 (clockwise rotation)  for the dual advance
version.

For those you that have the small block Chevy type I believe you need part
#1181 and somebody in this digest has a web address for how-to-do.  I had
the dual advance distributor so that is the one I am familiar with; however
the procedure would be basically the same.

IMPORTANT NOTE:

Make sure your ignition electrical is up to par.  No cracked wires,
corrosion, cracked ballast, etc...   Your truck may run fine with points in
it current condition, but may not with the Pertronix.  The first time I
installed my kit my truck ran like it was on 3 cylinders.  I found out that
my coil was on it way out and the ballast was cracked.  The spark plug wires
were kind of old as well.  After replacing those items I reinstalled and had
to immediately readjust my timing to 5 BTDC at 300 rpm's then returned the
idle speed to 500 - 550 rpm's  at that time I also re-tuned my carb to
insure the "best lean mixture".

The kit is about 80 bucks ­ well worth it; considering you will never have
to adjust or replace points again and your timing will never change :)

NEW INFO:

I believe doing this conversion has doubled my mileage!  I was getting about
9-10 mpg in the city and about 12 to maybe 13 on the highway.  Now I am up
to 20 - 22 mpg highway and I am not to sure about city mileage yet.  I am
going to run another tank of gas making sure of the exact amount of gas used
to confirm my figures

If you need more info just e-mail me again with and specific questions or a
number to contact you.

Matt