Re: Subject: Sand blasting comparison-help!

	Hey Rob,
	Yes you can have both.  I have 2 differant cabinet blasters and
1 pressure blaster and numerous siphon blasters.
	Pressure Blasters:
	First off, Harbor Freight(free shipping on orders over $50) has
a pressure blaster for $89 - $99 that I have ordered and am very happy
with.  I have seen similar models go for up to $250 and more for what
looks like the identical product.  There is a day and night differance
between pressure blasting and siphon blasting.  Pressure blasting is
much quicker and easier on the person doing the blasting.  It does not
clog as easily as the siphon blaster.  You can recover a lot of your
blasting media, with a shop vac.  You wont get it all, but you can
recover ~75% of it.  For the pressure blaster just use sandblasting
sand, or some fine beach sand.  You will go through 50 lb of it in a
heartbeat!  Local store charges $5 for a 50# bag of sandblasting sand,
just make sure you sift it after recovery to get the large crap out of
the recycled sand.

	Cabinet Blasters:
	I have two of these.  The small one is from, you guessed it,
harbor freight!  It is the red plastic one, and I use glass bead
blasting media in it.  Glass beads are a little more gentle than regular
sand.  I do distributors, nuts and bolts, and things like that in this
cabinet.  I paid under $100 for it.  This one is nice when you just need
to do some small parts real quick and clean.  My other cabinet blaster
is made from a full size tub and shower unit.  I just added castors on
the bottom of it so I could roll it around and added a plywood door to
the opening.  I found a old brass fire place door set up(neighbors were
throwing it away) and installed it in the new plywood door for the
cabinet.  If I need to blast medium sized stuff, I open the fireplace
doors, if I need to do a fender, I can open up the whole plywood door.
I added an old 4 bulb flourecent light unit to the inside top and it
works great.  I feed the aforementioned pressure blaster hose through
the faucet hole in the tub enclosure, and there you go!  You can hook up
a shop vacuum to either system to keep the dust down to a minimum.

	BTW, I have no financial interest in Harbor Freight, just a
happy customer.

	Epp