Time Consuming modifications for the betterment of the engine operation, and other trivial b.s.

Hey I got a wild idea on my HARDCOREOFFROADBALLSOUTRIG what if I spent
some time with a carbide tip on my die grinder and smoothed the sides of the
valley area on the block as well as removed the flashing from the drain back
holes. Then chamfer the holes so it drains better.

Fleckster,

This should be common practice.  But, painting the tops of the heads along
with the interior of the block is a good idea as long as it is apart and you
are doing it up right.  Any fish oil based paint is good.  I.e. Rust Oleum,
or similar.  Fish oil based paint has the ability to expand and contract
with the temperature changes where as regular paint does not.  Theoretically
there will be no flaking of paint then.

Jim Hadfield
'48 KB-5
jhadfiel@domain.elided