RE: ihc-digest V6 #234

Chris,
First go buy a stubby 5/8" closed end wrench.  It will pay for itself
with this job.  Make sure it is a stubby.  I had to remove and install
my starter about 4 differant times within a 4 day period. (I won't get
into why, but it is a nomination for the Binder Bulletin's Bone Head
Catagory)  It should take about 10 minutes to remove and 10 minutes to
install.  You can either turn the wheels all the way counter clockwise
to get some working room, or I chose just to remove the front
passenger's side tire for the job.  The real secret here is the stubby
box end wrench will give you the room to get more than the 1/32 turn
from a regular wrench.  Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Epp
(who carries a 5/8" stubby on all road trips)