oil capacity (was towing)

>Of course, I was running my Scout with only 5 qts of oil back then
because
>I swore that's what the manual said too.

My manual (original) calls for 5 qts which puts the level alittle above
the full mark on the dip stick. My pressure is fine (15+ at hot idle)
and no rattle of anything engine wise. Are there different capacity oil
pans? I am leery of running more for fear of blowing gaskets, are my
fears warranted?

Willy