'Nother Movie Sighting

Howdy!

Rented the movie "Beautiful Girls" this week and it has a Scout sighting
in it.  Fairly early in the movie Timothy Hutton is being picked up from
the bus station in a small town in Wisconsin, I think.  His buddy picks
him up in an old Cherokee, but at one point when they are parking in
town, a Scout II comes driving down the street and makes a turn.  Nice
long shot so we get to see all of the thing.  It's light blue, I think,
and it looks pretty good.
As for the rest of the movie, it's kind of a "bunch of old high school
buddies gather for a reunion and come to some realizations about growing
up" kind of thing.  Some really funny lines and a cool St. Bernard named
Elle Macphereson.  Gets a bit sentimental at times, and has the ever
popular but all too unreal happy ending where everyone realizes they're
in love and gets married/back together.  I'd call it a "Steel Magnolias"
for men-that being the quintessential "girl movie"!
Anyway, it is probably worth seeing for the few great lines-when one guy
is talking about what a fox this one girl will be when she grows
up-she's thirteen at the time-his buddy looks at him and says, "That
girl was a zygote when you were in seventh grade!"
Off-beat comedy, but I laughed out loud a few times, which is very rare
for me.  Also has Uma Thurman, Annabeth Gish, Mira Sorvino, and Martha
Plimpton-who is a little odd-looking, but very talented in my opinion.
I'd call it a worth seeing, 2.5-3.0 stars out of five.  That is the only
IH I saw in the thing, though, so if that is what you watch movies for,
this may be a bit high of a rating!

See Ya'!

Michael