Re: Reasonable Prices and my position on it.

John Fleck wrote:

> RE:
> Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 03:54:56 GMT
> From: bobb@domain.elided (Bob Blair)
> Subject: Questions
>
> On Tue, 20 Oct 1998, Dirk Kolnsberg <kolnsberg@domain.elided>
> wrote about looking for a winch bumper.
>
> Take a look at http:\\www.metalward.com the web site for Jim Guld's
> Metalward company.  He builds great Scout bumpers.
>
> Bob
> 77 Scout II
> LIOR  <--- Long Island Off Road,
>            whose new President is Jim (Metalward) Guld
>
> REPLY:
> Yes Bob,
>
>         Jim does built some great bumpers but i believe his prices are too high
> for the average enthusiast.
>
> One of the reasons I started B.C.B. was to offer my talents to the
> digesters as well as 4x4 enthusiast. I noticed there needs were not being
> met and they had product ideas that they wanted but no one manufactured.
> Thats where I took my love affair with I.H. and started up a business.
>
>         My company believes in bringing customers quality products at reasonable
> prices to further the interest of the hobbie. That is not to say that we
> (the vendors and merchants) should not profit. If that were the case we
> could not stay in business. I am fully in support of small business
> manufacturing and retailing new and inventive products for the industry.
> However there needs to be some point of "Fair and Reasonable" as far as a
> markup for profit.
>
>         My company Back Country Binders manufactures similar bumper designs as
> well as your custom designs at a fair and reasonable price. I approact the
> business angle of being a supplier of aftermarket accessories as well as
> fabricating products by giving the utmost in Customer satisfaction and
> letting you be involved in the design and decisions of your "Brainstorm
> idea of a bumper or whatever else". I think you the customer are #1 because
> without you there is no business, word of mouth advertising,
> recomendations, and repeat business.
>
> So in conclusion I say give me a call or e-mail and see what I have to offer.
>
> Thanks everyone for letting me tell you all my goals and mission of BCB.
>
> John Fleck
> Back Country Binders
>
> #########################################################################
>                                John L. Fleck
>                               "The Fleckster"
>                             BACK COUNTRY BINDERS:
>                    1225 N.E. Mcgee Way Pullman, WA. 99163
>                              Phone# 509 332-7565
>                        E-MAIL jlfleck@domain.elided
>                  http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~jlfleck/BCB.html
>                http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~jlfleck/Scout.html
>                               WITH NEW PHOTOS!!!
>  For fabrication of your ideas, speciality scout parts(Stainless,
>  Aluminum,  steel...etc) and aftermarket accessories give me a try.
> ##########################################################################

Fleck-

I apologize, but I must finally level with you.  Some of us out here
have discussed you and have formed an opinion of you.  We have,
fortunately, one opinion of you as a digest member, and one opinion as a
businessman.  You tend to push your business a bit too much on the
digest.  The digest is to be comletely personal, but you alwYS refer
people to your business.  Your prices are very reasonable, but there is
a web-ring  for businesses, and everyone should handle this from now
on.  Keep me in touch!

Michael