A couple of not so quick questions...

We finally have our Scout.  I guess that we are officially broke for a
while.  Got a great deal on it but does have its own problems. (what
Scout doesn't)  Two questions:  I am getting an oscillation of the power
during acceleration. Is there anything in particular that I need to look
at?  Alternator, belt tension?  Second, I am getting a _slight_ gas fume
smell in the cab.  Is that coming from the engine compartment through
the air vents or should I look at the fuel system lines?  I know that it
does not leak any fluids except for a small oil leak on the valve cover
on one side. (needs a new gasket).

Thanks in advance

Eric

--